We create the ultimate Nest Swing experience by installing on a luxuriously long pendulum…
It is typical to place a Nest Swing in an ‘A’ frame or from a beam (we do this too, as an optional ‘add-on’ to our treehouse projects) but for a really awesome experience and just the best “swinging through the air” sensation we can create a luxuriously long pendulum from a structural line between two trees at tree-canopy height.
One of the strongest childhood memories and perhaps the most endearing feeling that takes you straight back to your younger years is often that of playing on a swing. The “whooshing” noise as you whizz through the air; trying to swing your legs to make you go higher; that reassuring relationship with grown-ups or an older sibling as they push you faster – but always trusting they will be there to slow you down.
“For kids it’s all about learning to imagine; for grown-ups it’s all about recapturing their youth; for grandparents it’s all about reminding us what childhood should really be about.”
Looking to install your very own Nest Swing project?
Nest swings are the perfect addition to any family or adventure experience. Build your own wish-list today and our team will prepare some great ideas for you.
Big-size Nest Swings for the whole family
How often are ‘play’ items a solo activity, something that you do on your own…?
We love how ‘play’ can be a together thing, a group activity and something that you do as a whole family.
Our beautifully crafted Nest Swings are available in a number of different sizes, colours and materials, each one offering the chance to experience that childhood excitement and so much more. They truly are “a world away from just an everyday swing” and the perfect addition to an adventure treehouse, your garden and an outdoors life, whether you are young in years or just young at heart.
More about Nest Swings
All too often ‘play’ items are a solo activity, but that’s not really how it should be. We believe ‘play’ should be a together thing; a group or family activity, and the more people who take part the merrier. The following options are available:
- 1.0m diameter – for one-person – Available colours in black, blue/red or ‘natural’ hemp colour.
- 1.2m diameter – for two-persons – Available colours in black, blue with red, green or blue or ‘natural’ hemp colour.
- 1.45m diameter – for the whole family or group-play – Available in black or blue/red.
- ‘soft-touch’ Nest Swing with a “really-safe/no-injury” low HIC-value of less than 50g.
- All our Nest Swings are tested and approved according to EN1176-1:2008 and EN1176-2:2008 by TÜV SÜD.
- The stainless steel ring is covered with a cushioning membrane and four strong ropes in USACORD Long-Life 16mm.
Our Nest Swing installation is suspended between branches and boughs with a luxuriously large pendulum that provides a stunning swing for kids play – and, with the fabulous outside cushion options available, a beautiful ‘grown-up‘ relaxation time too. We offer the following world-class installation:
- Anchor points from branches or between two treehouse with a pendulum as high as the highest branches.
- Attachment to trees using tested and certificated green duplex polyester webbing sling, proof load safety factor 7:1, safe working load 2000kg.
- 3.25T blue pin fed spec alloy screw pin bow shackles, proof load 6.5 tonne, safe working load 3.25 tonne and 20mm galvanised eye/eye tubular bodied rigging screws, one for each line [each is independent], c/w lock nuts, proof load 3 tonnes, safe working load 1.5 tonnes.
- Steel cables with attachment to Nest Swing in 10mm steel cables – 7 strands, 19 wires per strand, tensile strength of wire 1770N/mm2, load at which sample breaks 6.42 tonnes, safe working load 1.28 tonnes, factor of safety 5:1, standard – EN12385-4:2002.
- One-day installation.
- Fully qualified, using certified equipment.
- Treehouse Life Ltd. have Employers, Public Liability and Product Insurance, we can provide copies of certificates and written details of cover.
- Treehouse Life Ltd. are fully qualified and certificated with all climbing work, also fully certified with ITC Awarded 16-hours Outdoors First Aid Course.
- We can supply and install a ‘soft-touch’ Nest Swing at 1.2m diameter in black/red colours for use with small children with a low HIC-value of less than 50g.
- This is a great bit of kit, perfect in commercial playgrounds and in particular for private garden clients where often there can be a big range of child ages, not only of your own children, but when they have all their friends over and ‘bigger’ kids are romping around with ‘smaller’ kids, naturally all wanting to play together.
- The awesome size of the Nest Swing means that it can be all about imaginative group play – which, of course, is a big wish in your garden – particularly when installed by us with a luxuriously long pendulum from a high, tree-canopy, suspension point on a cable or rope between two trees. With the excitement and thrill of such a “wow-factor” play and relaxation swing within the garden, it seems a sensible idea to install one of our ‘soft-touch’ Nest Swings for a parental ‘feel-good’ in your own garden space.
- We have done research to explain what ‘a low HIC-value of less than 50g’ means, we love digging a little deeper and knowing that we can offer a greater and more informed benefit to our clients, as an option. There is lots of research across all areas of possible head injury, but the following notes give a brief summary.
- All existing playground safety standards throughout the world limit the maximum impact caused by a fall to a deceleration of 200g and/or a Head Injury Criteria (HIC) of 1000. At a HIC of 1000, there is an 18% probability of a severe head injury, a 55% probability of a serious injury and a 90% probability of a moderate head injury to the average adult.
- The Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) introduced an anatomically-based coding system to classify and describe the severity of specific individual injuries. AIS codes range from 0 (no injury) to 6 (fatal injury). 50g has an AIS level of zero and an injury description of ‘no injury’.
Installation of a Nest Swing and Swing Seats
- No all rigid suspension members, for example – solid bar from top to bottom.
- Design of swing is principally for seated children.
- Two seats per bay maximum.
- Single-point swings [such as a single-point Nest Swing, a button-seat or Tyre Swing] should not twist round each other.
- Minimum ground clearance at rest of 300mm [400mm for single-point swings and tyre swings].
- BS 5696-1:1997 [Play Equipment Intended for Permanent Installation Outdoors] – superseded/withdrawn, replaced by BS EN 1176 recommends a maximum height of 635mm for both cradle and flat seats.
- Distance between seat and swing frame – 20% of swing suspension length + 200mm.
- Distance between seats – 20% of swing suspension length + 300mm.
- Seperation of seat suspension lines at the suporting crossbar – width between seat fixings + 5% of swing suspension length.
- Swing seats for young children should be seperated from those for older children and located to avoid cross traffic.
- Any enclosures [barriers or fences] should be at least 1.5m from the swing seat edge.
Free height of fall is calculated from the centre of the stationary seat surface at 60° [half swing suspension length + height of swing at rest].
Surfacing distances for swings [forward and back]:
- Synthetic surface – 0.867 x length of suspension ropes/chains + 1.75m
- Losse-fill surface – 0.867 x length of suspension ropes/chains + 2.25m
For example, a swing beam coming horizontally from a treehouse at a height of 2.7m:
Suspension ropes = distance from pivot points to seat surface at 635mm from ground = 2.065m
For a loose-fill surface = 0.867 x 2.065 + 2.25 = 4.04m of surfacing requirement forward and back.
Surfacing side width:
- Seat width not greater than 500mm = 1.75m minimum [875mm each way from seat centre – 50% each side from seat centre].
- Seat width greater than 500mm = 1.75m minimum + difference between seat width and 500mm [50% each side of seat centre].
- Areas for two seats in one bay may overlap providing the distance between seats is 20% of the swing suspension length + 300mm.
- Surfacing side width for single-point swings should be a circular area with a radius equal to the Forward and Backward figure described above.
Nest Swings built and created for playStart My Project
The Nest Swing is absolutely gorgeous, big enough for the whole family and we have spent the entire weekend on it following installation.
Suspended Nest Swing Design & Build - Kids, Children and Family Spaces
Highgate, London, UK
Your next steps with us...
You create your wish-List
We create your design
You get an online proposal & pricing
We build and install your WOW factor
'WOW' factor delivered...
What our clients say...
"Treehouse Life are entirely "Client-Centric", and each project is completely unique. This is because they go to endless trouble to fulfil each Clients dreams. I am building a Tree House in my big Oak Tree in Normandy and can't wait to see it !"
"Paul and his team were excellent and very professional from start to finish. The project was a Treehouse in Mumbai, India, which was customised for the site requirements. Despite the distance, everything was coordinated brilliantly and Paul and his team finished the job before time. The Treehouse itself was stunning, and the centrepiece for the larger development. We would highly recommend working with Paul."
"Can't recommend Treehouse Life highly enough and they have delivered a fantastic play experience for our kids and seemingly all their friends! We are the officially the #1 go-to place for play dates!"
"We would not hesitate in working with Treehouse Life again and wholeheartedly recommending their services. Thank you!"
"We wanted to create a woodland play area for our children and their friends which would take them outside and away from the daily distractions of technology and TV! After searching online we came across Treehouse Life and started the process of dialogue with Paul Cameron. The team on site were excellent including Paul’s son and their attention to detail and skills has helped to design and build a truly unique and magical facility."
"If you are thinking of having a treehouse then this is the company to use."
"Thanks for a great job!"
"Excellent build and amazing service. Would highly recommend Paul and his team."
"Paul and his crew were 100% brilliant from the start to finish. Throughout the project Paul has demonstrated exceptional problem solving skills and patience. He was particularly helpful in the initial design stage and the finish is like something straight out of fairytale. The play area looks absolutely stunning yet blends in with the nature and provides fantastic and safe environment for children to play. The workmanship and materials are of the highest quality and the pricing has been very transparent throughout the entire project."
"I can't thank you enough Paul, I will certainly be recommending Treehouse Life to all my friends!"
"I would highly recommend Treehouse Life. Their design of a play area for my children was well thought out and fitted perfectly into the space we had. They were quick to install and the quality of the materials and the overall build is exceptional. My children love playing there, so in short it was well worth it."
"Working with Paul and the team from Treehouse Life has been an amazing seamless experience from the start of the quote to the finish of the installation. Their attention to detail and sense of pride in their work shines through and is second to none. The new Rope Bridge looks wonderful, it is very well built, and has already been a fantastic hit with our visitors aged 2 to 96yrs!"
"Paul and his team have built us a beautiful Rope Bridge and Big Chunky 4-sided Rope Ladder. We are absolutely delighted with it and the children are playing on it for hours every day."
"We have had many enquiries and admiring comments regarding the Treehouse and the project was a finalist at the Northern Design Awards in 2015. We would highly recommend Paul and his team to any client and hope very much to join forces in the near future.”
"The children are so happy with the play area, when they can persuade the adults to leave it alone. Well done Paul and team, great job.”
"Paul and his team at Treehouse Life have been very professional at all times, right from showcasing their products to rate negotiations to helping out in the shipping and delivery. Bearing in mind that our project (a large residential complex with a sizeable landscaped segment) was half the globe away, this was no small achievement. The installation and fixing proceeded like clockwork even through these Covid times and we and our customers couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome!"
"Paul and his team did a fabulous job creating the most wonderful play area for our children. It was a very streamlined process with very little input required from us. They know what works and have a brilliant design. The finished product is great quality. Snagging was done quickly and without any fuss and we're so happy with the end result."
"Preceded by full understanding and appreciation for what I wanted to be achieved, Paul was able to design, build and model the project around my budget and creative desires. Detailed analysis on the longer term commercial objectives and the need for safety and low maintenance was all accounted for, cleverly designed and built into the project."
"Paul was really great to work with. He and his team built us a great treehouse. They were on time and budget. They were very accommodating to having children and dogs running around the garden whilst they worked. I would highly recommend Treehouse Life."
"I purchased a Nest Swing from Treehouse Life. The swing is absolutely gorgeous, big enough for the whole family and we have spent the entire weekend in it following installation...I couldn't be happier."
"Treehouse Life are superb! They completely understand the value of risk taking play and balancing wild fun with beautiful structures."
"The kids (plus the bigger kids) absolutely delighted with their new adventure treehouse that Paul and team at Treehouse Life have magically created for them. Years of fun to be had with this and haven’t seen the kids since we’ve had it installed. Seamless and very friendly/professional service, would highly recommend. Thank you!"
"Pleasure to have them around! Would highly recommend using Paul & team."
"Paul and the team at Treehouse Life have delivered an outstanding product for us including a Treehouse, Zip Wire and Treetop Walkway. The quality of the product is first class - huge attention to detail, first class workmanship and a brilliant team who worked efficiently and considerately."
"From start to the end, Paul and his team were a pleasure to deal with. Paul has a personable, positive, expertise about him which gives great confidence that the project is in safe hands. The end product is a brilliant and the whole family loves it!"
"Paul really took time to understand what I was looking for. I wanted something very special, magical and unique. I had a specific idea in mind with a treehouse that was all crooked and artistic. He got it straightaway and worked with me all the way through to ensure I was completely happy with it. His team of builders were professional and the job was completed on time. I couldn't recommend him more highly and I will certainly be using him again on other projects."
"A true creative, a true craftsman and absolutely a true professional. I will continue to use and recommend him wherever I can so we can all sample some of his truly imaginative tree escapes.”
"Paul is delightful to deal with and his colleague did a fantastic job installing it, taking a lot of care to make sure it was safe and had plenty of room to swing. They also followed up after completion with suggestions of how to secure the swing and links to useful accessories."
“We really enjoyed working with Paul and his delightful team. They totally got our brief and were very flexible with little tweaks as we went along. We are thrilled with the result. It is very in keeping with the environment, but totally engaging for both children and adults alike. Thank you.”
"It was a delight to work with Paul and his team. Our project was continually evolving throughout the build process and nothing was too much trouble. All members of the team were professional and respectful of policies and procedures within the school grounds. We are 100% happy with our Tree Top Walkway and Zip Wire and would definitely recommend Treehouse Life Ltd. for any Treehouse type project you may have."
"We are thrilled with our Treehouse and Nest Swing and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Treehouse Life."
"Paul is a consummate professional who's enthusiasm and excitement for building treehouses is just infectious. The treehouses he has built are utterly amazing but always remain true to nature, the environment and of course the safety of the inhabitants."
“Outstanding service from Paul and his team with an outcome of the most amazing adventure area for the kids. The initial meeting with Paul was us outlining what we wanted, then he came up with a plan that was spot on for our budget and requirements. The guys were on site within weeks and constructed within days."
"Paul and his team designed the perfect Treehouse for my daughter that fits seamlessly into the aesthetic of our garden. They were timely, collaborate, clean, and professional for the entire job. Some of the best builders I've ever worked with."
"Treehouse Life provide exceptional customer service from start to finish. He was extremely patient with our multiple requests for additional quotes and was very keen to ensure we ended up with a product that fully suited our family needs."
"Could not be happier! Paul & team did an incredible job helping me bring my idea to life. It is safe to say the Treehouse is a hit. In the end we decided to go for a hybrid between a summer house and a Treehouse to keep the space versatile for adults and older children to use - The team were super creative and helpful in making sure I create something that’s both practical for my garden and exciting for the kids. They also added some of their own design touches which work really well."
"Whilst the design was fantastic, the final result is absolutely everything we hoped for and yet in so many ways has exceeded our expectations."
"We hired Paul and his team to build a Rope Bridge in the Seychelles on the site of a Spa we are constructing for a 5 star resort. We are very pleased with the efficient quality service we were provided with and the end result looks fantastic."
"It was a delight and a breath of fresh air to work with Paul and his team. They are not the typical builders/contractors. They did what they said and stayed on schedule. The Rope Bridge is a work of art and everyone who sees it admires the structure. We are very pleased to have asked Treehouse Life Ltd to construct the bridge for us."
"I can’t praise everyone involved with Treehouse Life enough. We’ve enjoyed our fantastic treehouse over the summer holidays and it’s been a massive hit with all our visitors. The build itself was thoroughly professional with really lovely people that were a pleasure to have around. They worked alongside my bouncy Labrador, provided off cuts for my kids to transform into works of art and at the same time built an incredible treehouse on time and addressed any concerns and queries immediately."
"Paul not only had fine knowledge in helping me decide what the best wood is for my decking and terrace fencing, he also has extremely good skills and an eye for detail. Nothing in my house is straight or aligned but he managed to make it look unbelievably fantastic! Everyone who has visited has commented on how lovely the terrace looks now."
"Paul and his team of sons and colleagues are a pleasure to have on site. Apart from being extremely professional and skilful, they are polite and clearly enjoy their work."
"Clear and speedy communication (nothing worse than having to wait forever for someone to reply to you), followed up by quick action, planning in of dates and completing the mission. Best toy ever. I have actually never left a review on a platform for anything before but Treehouse Life deserves it since they have consistently delivered quality in all aspects of their work."
“I would highly recommend Treehouse Life. Their design for a play area for my children was well thought out and fitted perfectly into the space we had. They were quick to install and the quality of the materials and the overall build is exceptional. My children love playing there, so in short it was well worth it.”
"Paul Cameron at Treehouse Life Ltd. has created a number of projects for me including a Treehouse, Castle with remote control and solar powered Drawbridge, fantastic Zip Wire and a beautiful Nest Swing, with outdoors cushions on a really long swinging line between trees. All are inspired, beautifully installed and great fun for the whole family and friends."
"Paul, Charlie and the team did a fantastic job for our home treehouse installation. Super efficient, professional and a real pleasure to have around. Delighted with the finished product, my son loves it and anyone who visits thinks the work done is fantastic. It was also built in the most ridiculous wind and rain conditions, but still built ahead of schedule. Thank you Paul and team, we will be using you again!"
"Paul and the Treehouse Life team have been outstanding in they service and professionalism. I would recommend the company to anyone who wants top quality in outdoor equipment."
“Paul Cameron and his company Treehouse Life are the providers of memories, fabulous family times spent playing together on a perfectly constructed and thoughout stage in the form of a Treehouse."
"I can’t recommend Treehouse Life highly enough and look forward to working with Paul and his team on future projects."
“Treehouse Life Ltd created a stunning Treehouse and Rope Bridge for our garden project in Lancashire, The Old Vicarage. The structure is a timeless addition to the garden and is loved by the family. As a garden feature, a destination and a source of play it is just perfect."
"Paul and his team built a Tree House with Rope Bridge at a scheme where we designed and built the garden. The house was in keeping with the space, fitting perfectly into the landscape of the garden and adding to it. The Tree House is now a beautiful feature of the space as well as a magical place for our clients grandchildren to play, it makes us wish we were young again!"
"Very professional, timely delivery, outstanding service. Treehouse Life built a Treehouse for our children and delivered beyond our expectations. A pleasure to work with!"
"Our kids LOVE their Treehouse and turned it into a home-from-home almost immediately. I know they will get many happy years playing there. We cannot thank Paul enough for this remarkable and unique addition to our home."
"Paul Cameron's enthusiasm towards the challenge and the professional approach he adopted throughout the process made the complete design and build process transparent and easy for us."
"Brilliant in his creativity to ensure safe fun whilst giving the whole family a place to become where ever their imagination takes them. He has unlocked the child in us all and has provided the setting for us to enjoy."
"Paul helped us to add some very special finishing touches to a garden project I designed. Paul and his team supplied and installed a fabulous Rope Bridge to go over a pond. The client was so pleased that Paul was soon back to add a Zip Line!"
"We cannot recommend them highly enough to anyone wishing to create a magical play area in their garden or a large adventure area for kids and adults alike. Many, many thanks to the whole team for creating such a fun, safe area for our grandchildren to play in and explore - it has truly brought another dimension to our lives. Who knew babysitting and child-minding could reach this level of fun?”
"They built the original treehouse 15 years ago and now it needed some repairs and an extension - both children AND grandchildren are now using it!"